Like most of my Meet Me Monday friends, I connected with Amanda over Instagram! I think she does an incredible job of showcasing her work in a gorgeous way as well as being open and honest and sharing about her life. This is a balance I still have yet to strike but she’s nailing it.
If you love bright, airy natural light photography, photos of coffee, and beautiful days, @amandalaurenfreund is a great spot for you.
How do you want to introduce yourself to these readers?
Hello everyone! I’m Amanda Lauren Freund. Most days you can find me walking in our woods + working in my home office + sippin on $3 Trader Joe’s red blend.
I’m a natural light photographer + wife to a swipe-right on Tinder + nature enthusiast + fur mama + plant lady + homebody traveler and I drink coffee like a Gilmore Girl.
What parts of your life are you finding most rewarding lately?
Our home + the roots we are establishing. We live in a tiny Minnesota town – population 1,057. I truly enjoy living in a small town + in the country. I’ve lived in a lot of places throughout my life (hey thanks dad for moving me like 15 times). In 2016, after tying the knot, my husband + I moved to my hometown. We live on about 25 acres of woodland (next door to my parents) where we love to plant trees + go on walks + do house projects + throw some kickbacks. It’s simple + beautiful + peaceful + rewarding…it’s just my favorite.
<< I also find cutting open a perfect avocado very rewarding. >>
What word/ phrase resonates the most in your life?
Balance. I’m working to find a balance between my full-time day job + entrepreneurship. I work as a Marketing Manager for a Minnesota CPA firm, Smith Schafer. And I’m also working to build a photography + consulting business. I enjoy working from a place of peace + creativity vs. stress + hustle. So I’m constantly working towards a balance of both.
And also find myself using the word “balance” about 10 times a day. Basically resonates in every part of my life – work + health + perspective + relationships + everything.
What does your ideal day look like?
- Wake up naturally with the sun.
- Snuggle our pup, Stella.
- Chug some water.
- Get some good stretching in or yoga.
- Meditate (sometimes 3 minutes or maybe 30 minutes).
- Slowly sip pour-over coffee + frothy whole milk + local raw honey + cinnamon.
- Pull a couple affirmation cards + journal.
- Cook whatever I’m craving – this usually includes avocado toast + eggs.
- Take a long walk in the woods with Stella…deep breathing the fresh air + listening to all the birds.
- Crank my favorite Spotify playlist + go through emails briefly (and my inbox is always at ZERO).
- Work on a creative project…edit photos + write a blog + build a website + connect with creatives on Instagram.
- Go out for dinner with my husband at one of our favorite spots + enjoy a glass of merlot.
- Play a couple rounds of bingo at the local VFW…and win on the coverall.
- Enjoy a cup of chamomile tea + fall asleep effortlessly.
Makes me smile just thinking about days like these.
As always, if you (or someone you know) would like to be interviewed for Meet Me Monday, hit me up! Let’s get this thing started!