This is the part where I tell you, like everyone else does, that I’m not really into resolutions, but…
Here’s the thing—I don’t need to make any resolutions. Did you read my last post?? Enough is going to change in 2016 on its own. Other years, resolutions have been important. This year though, the concept is utterly unnecessary for me.
That being said, however, I love a list of goals. I love a good bucket list. So instead of resolutions, I’m going to write a to-do list. And I want to encourage you to do the same! This is a list that only includes one-and-done items. There’s nothing (well, not much, anyway) about this list that encourages a habit. I think that’s the important distinction between a list of resolutions and a to-do-list.
So here we go with my list of 25 things that I want to do in 2016:
- Have a pot-luck style brunch party with my friends.
- Take a long road trip with my husband.
- Really, really figure out how Evernote works.
- Monetize this blog.
- Bring a new plant into the house.
- Drink a Sazerac in New Orleans
- Send out gift cards randomly to people.
- Do a 30 Days of Yoga Challenge
- Have a BBQ.
- Interview my friends.
- Go to an Indian Restaurant for the first time ever in life.
- Meet Jamie for lunch ½ way between where we both live.
- Walk all the way from Wall Park to Lakeside Park on the walking trail (it’s not hard, it’s just something that I’ve always wanted to do and never done).
- Find a perfect lipstick.
- Donate a bunch of clothes.
- Explore cool things in Kansas.
- Explore cool things in Kansas (I want to do it at least twice).
- Put away all of the laundry in the bedroom (it has literally never all been put away before).
- Have my nephew, Owen, stay the night.
- Pay off my dental bill (this one might actually not be very reasonable).
- Paint—this time with watercolors, maybe.
- Finish a book (I didn’t finish many books last year and I mean to change that).
- Bake something with a kid.
- Make a really good homemade pizza.
- Make choux pastry.
Full disclosure: there are a few other things that I am going to do this year that I’m just not going to tell you about but they will happen and when they do you’re going to be so pumped! Probably. If I know you like I think I do, and I think I do.
What do you think? Are there any one-and-done things that you want to make sure that you try this year? Anywhere you want to visit? Any food you’ve been dying to try?
I really do hope that all of your most reasonable (and a few of your wildest) dreams come true this year.