With our moving project well underway–lots of things have gotten shifted to the back burner. Like, you know, eating healthy food and actually tending to our friendships well. But traditions are important and one of my most favorite personal traditions is to make a Summer Bucket List. So today I scooted piles of stuff of the corner of this dining room table and wrote out my list. Things that we already have planned and other things that I want to make sure are prioritized.
Here’s a quick look at what’s on my bucket list. I hope you write one up, too. If you do, post a photo and tag me in it (on Instagram I’m @realxoxolib). As I go through this list I’m going to post things with #xoxoliblist. If you want to use that, too, that would be cool! We’ll keep tabs on one another’s adventures.
- Read more than just book club books (reading has been so hard this past month).
- MOVE (if this doesn’t happen, something has gone terribly wrong)!
- Meet Fiona The Baby Hippo @ the Cincinnati Zoo.
- Go sleeveless (I bought a top specifically for this yesterday).
- Meet Leo!
- Make homemade ice cream (what’s your favorite kind? My grandma always put a little lemon extract in her vanilla ice cream and I’ve never been able to recreate it).
- Restart my painting practice (I’ve put up all my paints for the past month and I miss it so much).
- Do a fundraiser for the women’s center in McPherson.
- Make a habit of going to the pool regularly.
- Wine nights with girl friends (so excited to relax with my friends).
- Create a porch at the new apartment (I need to find good chairs and a beautiful plant).
- Make the new house feel like a home.
So, what’s on your list? What are some things you need to do and things you want to do?